Thursday, December 6, 2007

Me me me...

Alright, enough about the kids let's talk about me - LOL! I'm just kidding, I just want to say a few things. Lately I have this bad habit of talking myself out of things and I find, more often than not, I regret my decision. I wanted to post about Thanksgiving some more and have each of us post our thanks, but I am too much of a perfectionist for my own good. Since I didn't have the photos I wanted, and the older girls are at school and Jason is at work while I do this blog, I got frustrated with myself and gave up on the idea. However, it has still been on my mind. There are things I have wanted to let others know for a couple years now. Last year we were late to Thanksgiving dinner and missed the giving of thanks. This year it was decided to give thanks after dinner but then it was forgotten. So here I sit with all my thoughts wondering what to do. Now, I'm not very good at expressing my feelings, much less sharing them. The right words always fail me, besides I always cry when I share my feelings (just ask Jason). But here I go:

I am so thankful for my wonderful parents. I feel like I don't tell them or show them enough for all that they have done for me and my children. Through all my not-so-smart decisions and the trials and tribulations I caused myself, my parents stood by my side with their unconditional love, support and patience. I can't imagine making it through those times without them.

I am thankful for my beautiful, talented and intelligent girls. They gave me courage in the darkest times and the will to trudge through it all. They gave me hope for something better and they continue to do so.

I am thankful for the extended family we have gained. Everyone has accepted my children and me without judgement for my past. Jason tells me that's just who you are, but I know there aren't many people out there with the kind of hearts that you have. I couldn't ask for better friends.

I saved the best for last. I am so very thankful for my amazing husband. You know, after my divorce and the couple guys I dated, I told my mom, somewhat joking, that I was going to find me a sugar-daddy - screw love, it hurt too much. Even when Jason and I started hanging out and talking more, I was scared. I wasn't ready to give any piece of my heart away again. Luckily, neither was he. But as time progressed, and the more and more moments we shared, we realized there was an undeniable love - one of which I told my mom I have never felt before. I told her that I didn't know you could love someone as much as I love Jason. He is everything I could've imagined and more. Not only does he love me like no other, he loves my children as much as he loves me and as if they were his own. He is my greatest support and best-est friend. I couldn't dream of a more wonderful man to be my husband and my children's dad.

I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Manda, way to make me cry. Having watched you for years through all your trials and tribulations and even before you met my son, I can't tell you how happy I am to have you in the family. I always knew that Jason would find the woman he was looking for. Silly me, I could have put you to together long before it happened, but I guess things happen as they should. Anyway, I see you as the perfect woman for my son, I've never seen him happier. Also, I'm grateful for your parents too. They have turned out to be some of the best friends we have ever had. Love to all.