Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Manti & BBQ with friends

I'm a dork. I know this. No need in reminding me. When I did the last post I thought to myself, I already uploaded the pictures from the camera, I'm set. Well, I didn't remember I had taken a picture of fishing at Nine-Mile, so I am going to add it here. Abriana is getting more and more into fishing, she wanted to try to throw lures this time, as well as practice her casting. So I rigged her up and off she went. It is so neat to watch her grow.


So, some friends of ours invited us over for a BBQ Saturday afternoon. When I was talking to Napoleon on the phone, I mentioned we went fishing again...with no luck. He said, "Fishing?! Let's go fishing, bring your stuff! I know a place that I always catch fish." So we did.

We went to Manti Community. What a beautiful day for fishing, and, just being outdoors.


We had walked around to the other side of the lake so the kids would have more room to play. They played in the water, snow and mud. Abriana had walked out into the lake along the waterfall but forgot to put the straps of her water shoes around her ankles and stepped into a sinkhole. She pulled her foot up without her shoe. I don't even know how the kids could play in the water it was so freaking cold. She dug and dug but couldn't find it. And again, no fish...well, for us; Elena caught 2.

We went back to Elena and Napoleon's house. They had ribs marinating while we fished and it was time to grill them. While I was helping flip the ribs, the neighbors came by with their horses and let the kids go for a ride. They thought it was ever so cool!


Chey's fascination with horses was overcome by fear when she got that close. I managed to take a picture of her petting one while Dad held her, but of course, "the image cannot be displayed" was the end result on the camera. I have, however, figured out my problem and hopefully there won't be any more of those messages in the future.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Yes, we just aren't good at commenting, thanks for being better than we are.

I don't know if you know about the theft from the U of U, I thought that you might want to check out this website www.healthcare.utah.edu/billingrecordstheft
since you had your girls there.