Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Family Reunion '08

For those who don't know, my Dad started this family tradition of going up to Grandma's Apple Valley every Labor Day weekend. Grandma owned property in Fruitland and always called it Apple Valley - and it has stuck.

This year we had a great turn out. My dad's two sisters that live in Utah and their whole families came, and my dad's whole family - minus the Washington residents (I guess they were busy with their own plans of moving or something like that - I didn't get the email (this is all in jest, love you still)). Ian and Crystal only came up for the day Sunday, and they brought their kids.

Ya, we got there later than we told everyone. It's one of those things; we live within 10 minutes of being in the mountains or doing our outdoor stuff, so we didn't get that urge to move our butts to get out of town. But we made it.

It was another fun filled weekend. We played horse-shoes, drank, laughed, ate...

Saturday night the 'kids' started war games in the dark. It was fun listening to them while we drank and sat around the fire...until one had to pee. I got up and was thinking I would just go next to the shed where I'd still be in the light of the fire, not the line of fire.

Wrong.

Bam!

I was shot in the shoulder. Tuff just laughed! I said, "I'm shot! and I'm not even playing!" Tuff said, "I knew it was you but didn't say anything to Shane cuz I didn't want to give us away." Well, you're given away NOW!

Sunday the whole crowd was there and more horse-shoes were thrown. Then we had our pot-luck and just enjoyed one another's company.

The plan for Sunday night was to either play war games again or break out the poker chips and cards. Well, word was there was a nasty storm that might move our way. The Conrads decided it was best to pack up (they were sleeping in tents) and leave late that night. Just as we getting settled around the fire and deciding what to do, the rain came. And it did not let up all night. In fact, we thought we would be loading up in the rain in the morning. But it did clear enough at times we were able to keep everything dry.

Overall, it was a great weekend being with family and just having a good ole time!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I didn't know that Brit had a bit of color blindness, well that is to say that he admits to. That's ok, I didn't know that Jason was color blind. Have you convinced him that dark on the celing isn't the best idea? Good luck getting your house transformed into the home you want it to be. Thanks for keeping in touch.