Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Kayla!

6 years old! Wow! Where do the days go?

If you didn't hear me say it before, I'm going to say it again; technology sucks! For some unknown reason, my camera decided to now tell me that some pictures I took are unable to view. So again, I am missing pictures; only one this time, but still... Not only that, my scanner/printer won't turn on. I had an awesome idea to create a slide-show of 'Kayla through the years,' but without the scanner I can't do much about it.

Yes, I checked the plugs and cords; everything is where it should be. I did find a spider's nest right around the plug going into the printer, so maybe the little buggers hatched and they are crawling around the circuitry creating mayhem inside the darn thing. If only I could turn it on, I'm sure it would fry those little demons. Talk about having a bug. Hahaha!

I didn't mean to get off the subject. It just so happens that I typed the first line and the idea struck me. So off I went on a photo search only to come back to my seat and discover my problem.

Oh, where is my patent-lawyer brother. Someone somewhere needs to invent a computer that would scan things into it by simply placing the object on the computer screen. That would be a lot simpler than having all these cords and plugs that intertwine and entangle themselves amongst the dog hair and dust bunnies. And, I would only have one power button. I guess then, one would need to also create a fingerprint resistant screen. Hmmm...I'd like one of those too.

Alright. I took a deep breath. Back to my younger daughter, my 2nd oldest daughter, my 6 year old Kayla.


This month's WSS was on Kayla's birthday. She loves her grandparents so much and misses them a great deal so it was a sweet way for her to be able to share her day with them and the rest of the family. She was so excited when I told her about it that Saturday night, as she was going to bed, she told us, "I will wake you up when I am ready." We asked her, "Ready for what?" She says, "For my birthday and WSS!" We both chuckled and Jason says, "Darlin, it's not Christmas."

As soon as we got to Grandma's, she says "Can we do presents now?!" I told her, "Let's get in the door first. Then we'll have waffles and then you can open your presents."


The Kellers gave her Moon Sand. She also got Moon Sand from Mom & Dad and her sisters.


Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Warren gave her some much needed snow pants and snow boots (the girl needs to quite growing).


Grandma Linda and Grandpa Allen gave her a goody-bag with puzzles, headbands, pens with interchangeable charms, a purse, a necklace, a princess cup, a color-her-own-princess-poster with markers, lip gloss, a flashlight, a 'hug-me' frog & dress-up shoes. Wow! She came home with a loot!

Abriana was the only one into playing dress-up. She kept modeling all the outfits.


Cheyenne disappeared and found a cozy spot to go to sleep.


When we got home Kayla told me, "Mom, that was such a great birthday!"

She says, "Thank you everybody for the cool presents!"

No comments: